Try this activity out with your older child (or yourself for fun!)
This activity is such a great idea! As usual, I was doing research for this website on the Internet and came across this wonderful idea to create 3D impressions of your hand! It is a great idea to do with children who can colour in and older ones who can try it out themselves, as well as to do yourself for an interesting impression of your little ones hand.
I was surprised just how effective this actually is, and so simple to do! My daughter, despite merely just lending me her hand for the activity on this occasion, is most proud of her hand picture on the wall next to Mummy's!! She is desperate for me to do Daddy's hand as well to join ours up there!
Here is how you do it:
1. Take a piece of paper and pencil and draw around the hand.
2. Carefully draw a straight line to the edge of the hand, then when you reach the hand, draw a curve across it, almost like you are drawing a bracelet.
3. Continue this across the hand, making sure you draw curves on the fingers too, until the whole hand is covered in stripes.
4. Draw over your pencil lines with a black pen
5. Choose two colours and colour in the stripes alternating the two
And there you have it, a 3 D hand picture!!